Ready to compete? Download your paperwork and get started!
Age Requirements - The Miss Maine Scholarship Program is a competition for women between the ages of 17-24. Contestants must have a high school diploma (or will obtain same within 6 months) and be no older than 24 on December 31 in the year she competes for the state title.
Our Purpose - The purpose of the Miss Maine’s Scholarship Program is to provide the young ladies of Maine an opportunity to win scholarship money and to further their personal growth and education. Within this forum, young women will be able to enhance their potential by sharpening their leadership, communication and public-speaking skills. Additionally, the program will enable contestants to develop poise, confidence and stage presence. With the inclusion of a talent performance, contestants will be afforded the opportunity to express their individuality and showcase their unique talents.
Date and Location - The Maine state competition will be held on Saturday, June 24th at the Freeport Performing Arts Center in Freeport, Maine. The Miss America Competition will be held on Sunday, September 10th at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ. The Miss America Competition finals can be viewed on ABC.
Eligibility and Entrance Requirements
* Contestants must meet age requirements as stated earlier. To be eligible she also must reside in Maine, be a full time student in Maine or be a full time employee in Maine.
* Contestants must be a United States citizen, have never been married or pregnant and be female.
* Contestants must meet character requirements as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
* Contestants must participate in all areas of competition.
* Each contestant must solicit two salute pages and raise money for Children's Miracle Network. All must be completed and paid in full before participation. Contact the director for more specific details.
* Admission tickets to the pageant will be available..
* Souvenir books with contestant photographs and program information will be available for purchase.
Accommodations - Contestants will be housed and supervised by program officials during their stay. The program will provide lodging and meals associated with the competition.
Scholarships - Scholarships are available at the local, state, and national levels based on placement in the competition. Additional scholarships are available to participating contestants and are awarded based on the application process. Scholarships are available but not limited to academics, community service, college majors (such as performing arts majors, medical majors, scholar-athlete, etc.Other awards are based on attitude/spirit of Miss America/Steven Jensen Memorial Award, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals/Miracle Maker Award, etc. For more information, please check with the state office.
The judges are instructed to consider a contemporary, youthful look for Miss Maine/Miss America that makes her relatable, relevant and an "A-list" celebrity in her own right. Her clothes should reflect her personality and style and make her comfortable and feel great (i.e. runway, red carpet) while symbolizing the character and class of Miss Maine/Miss America.
- An appropriate tasteful outfit for interview such as skirt and blouse, dress, or pantsuit is acceptable. No jeans or sneakers - look of professional best.
- A costume or outfit appropriate for the talent performance.
- A floor length gown that is in good taste and age appropriate. The gown should reflect an elegant and fashion forward style. Be sure that steps can be navigated in the gown.
- For Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit - a tasteful swimsuit with appropriate coverage
- A cocktail dress for on-stage question in a style that is current and stylish; it cannot be floor length or a gown
- Sweat-suits and sneakers or other comfortable clothes can be worn for rehearsals.