Ready to compete? Download your paperwork and get started!
The Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen Program is a competition for girls between the ages of 13 - 17 and is an affiliate of the Miss Maine and Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organizations. Being a part of the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization is a prestigious position in that the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Inc. has become one of the top scholarship providers for teen girls in the United States since its inception in 2005! In just a few short years, they have made available almost $5,000,000 in cash and in-kind scholarships.. Our program, here in Maine, has been established as a scholarship competition venue for teens as well as a fund-raising event for the Miss Maine Scholarship Program.
The purpose of the Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen Program is to provide the young ladies of Maine an opportunity to win scholarship money and to further their personal growth and education. Within this forum, teens will be able to enhance their potential by sharpening their leadership, communication and public speaking skills. Additionally, the program will enable contestants to develop poise, confidence and stage presence. With the inclusion of a talent performance, contestants will be afforded the opportunity to express their individuality and showcase their unique talents.
Date and Location
The Maine state competition will be held on Saturday, June 24th at the Freeport Performing Arts Center in Freeport, Maine in conjunction with the Miss Maine Pageant. The Miss America's Outstanding Teen competition will be held on Saturday, July 29th in Orlando, Florida.
Eligibility and Entrance Requirements
* All girls between the ages of 13 -17 (excluding high school seniors) who reside in Maine are eligible.
* Contestants must be a United States citizen, have never been married or pregnant and are female.
* Contestants must never have been filmed or photographed in the nude or semi-nude.
* Contestants must participate in all areas of competition.
* Each contestant must solicit two salute pages and raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. All must be completed and paid in full before participation. Contact the director for more specific details.
* Admission tickets to the competition will be available beginning at the Pre-pageant Clinic.
* Souvenir program books with contestant photographs and pageant information will be available for purchase.
Contestants will be housed supervised by program officials during their stay. The program will provide lodging and meals associated with the competition.
- An appropriate tasteful outfit for interview such as skirt and blouse, dress, or pantsuit is acceptable. No jeans or sneakers
- A costume or outfit appropriate for the talent performance.
- A floor length gown, which is in good taste and age appropriate.
- For Lifestyle and Fitness wear what you would wear when you exercise or are physically active such as cheerleading outfit, skating outfit, golf attire, basketball uniform, etc. (unless otherwise requested)
- Sweat suits and sneakers or other comfortable clothes can be worn for meetings and rehearsals.